Here at SigmaFlow, we’ve worked with utility company regulation and compliance groups long enough to know the industry pretty well. In our combined years, here are some things that we’ve never heard compliance teams say:
- We have too many resources, how are we going to keep all these people busy?
- Look at all the extra time we have on our hands!
- Keeping up with all of these regulations and requirements sure is fast and easy.
- NERC makes CIP compliance a breeze!
- My compliance objectives are so simple, I have people, budget, and time left over.
Sound familiar? I’m guessing probably not.
Most compliance teams are small. They have limited resources on all fronts: time, people, and budget. Their duties and responsibilities are critical to the business, but will never be the “shiny objects” that attract interest and investment. But they still need to get done, preferably in the most efficient way possible, and there are ways to make even the smallest compliance team hit above its weight.
An automated compliance management solution is the resource-strapped compliance team’s best friend. It streamlines your ability to facilitate NERC CIP compliance at every level of the organization, from instilling a culture of compliance to proving your efforts to executives to making changes quickly with no need for development resources.
Most of all, a NERC compliance solution like SigmaFlow optimizes your day-to-day activities so you can get more done in less time with fewer people. It helps you keep up with constantly changing NERC requirements and deadlines to ensure that everyone in your organization has the information they need to meet them. How does it do it?
7 ways that NERC compliance management software can benefit small compliance teams
SigmaFlow empowers compliance teams to manage NERC requirements more efficiently and effectively with the following features:
- NERC requirement change notifications. SigmaFlow monitors and updates changes to NERC requirements then notifies you automatically of those changes, eliminating the need for resources to monitor changes manually.
- Automatic reminders and task alerts. With an automated compliance solution, there’s no need for constant manual management of deadlines.
- Role-based assignments and notifications. Designate and automate tasks by role for better resource and task management.
- RSAW readiness. SigmaFlow aligns your RSAW management processes, so you can quickly and efficiently provide evidence and narratives for a constant state of RSAW readiness.
- Evidence management. Tools like SigmaFlow enable easy uploads as well as automatic evidence generation.
- Document management and review. Manage documents and evidence and their workflows from a single place across NERC standards.
- PRA and personnel training. Stay ahead of personnel regulations with automatically identified due dates and completion notifications.
Small compliance teams face big responsibilities when it comes to NERC CIP compliance. An automated compliance management solution like SigmaFlow relieves the majority of that burden by making it easy to keep your people and processes up-to-date and on-track.
SigmaFlow is a leading provider of Process Execution solutions. The company’s NERC Compliance Solution is a real-time, evidentiary based software solution that solves the challenges of CIP & 693 Compliance. The SigmaFlow Compliance Solution manages all documents, data, and work activities while automatically collecting and building the evidence for NERC compliance in a real-time repository. SigmaFlow products place a strong emphasis on embedding domain knowledge through a process-driven template-based-architecture. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more.