In our new Lunch & Learn series, we’re answering common questions about the SigmaFlow Well Delivery Solution every Wednesday at lunch time. This week’s Well Delivery Q&A question is:
I use Oracle® Primavera to manage my Well process, how is SigmaFlow different?
First of all, we easily work along with Oracle® Primavera, and make it even better! There are three distinct differences that complement the Primavera system.
Group Work -SigmaFlow’s solution has the ability to ‘group work’, so if a Well Pad had 20 Wells and each Well had 100 tasks, your team would only be alerted with 100 task alerts. Without the capability of ‘grouping work’, the team would be interrupted with over 2,000 alerts in order to get to drill ready state.
Perform Work in the System – With SigmaFlow, your team actually performs their ‘work’ in the solution, instead of just updating data. The entire team of, geologists, landmen and engineers actually receive and complete work tasks inside of the SigmaFlow solution. The Solution alerts team members as predecessor tasks are completed. Tasks can be completed in parallel – minimizing the ‘white space delays’ of tasks completed in series. ‘My Work’ screens include tasks with specific guidance and checklists to share valuable domain expertise- reducing rework loops.
Process Management & Scheduling – ‘Record of Time’ – If you would like to use both solutions, SigmaFlow would be the process engine and Primavera could handle the scheduling. As a process solution, we would manage all the informal tasks or ‘work’ that is required to be completed between major milestones.
Take away info about SigmaFlow:
- Time System of Record – SigmaFlow brings together: data management, integrated scheduling, procedure templates, process, dashboards & reporting
- Perform the right work at the right time
- Forecast future milestone dates, production and costs
- Reduce time-based risks
- Work in System vs. Out of the System – SigmaFlow batches work, provides information-flow management and produces deliverable documents
- Increased Productivity and Ensure Compliance
In next week’s Lunch & Learn Q&A Blog, we’ll be answering the following questions:
- We have permitting to ‘Ready-to-Drill’ phase covered in our business. Does SigmaFlow help with the Drilling, Completions procedures?
- I have less than 5 rigs and 100 Wellbores, is SigmaFlow economical or should I continue using Excel to manage my process?
Previous Well Delivery Q&A Blog: We Have Unconventional Oil & Gas Exploration Exploration Projects – Do I Need SigmaFlow’s Well Delivery Solution
If you have a question that you would like featured in a future Q&A blog post, please submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org